Thursday, September 20, 2012

Here we go!

My 56 day - 94.5 mile race series starts this Sunday with the NYC Marathon Tune-Up 18 miler. 3 laps in the Park in the counter-clockwise direction, which means we will have to climb both Harlem and Cat Hills from the bad side (at least in my opinion).

The distance shouldn't be a big deal, but I would like to pick the pace up a bit. Especially later in the run. Last year I finished this same event in 3:07, it would be great if I could go lower. I was fitter last year, but I was also coming a bit tired from the previous day's Fifth Avenue Mile. 

As far as the health goes, my only worry is my left foot. I think I tied my shoes too tight on the long run last week and agitated the tendons. I went for a 5 miler yesterday and once it warms up it is fine. I also fast-walked to NYRR today to pick up my number, T-shirt and goodies (a bag full of fun Unilever products) and it felt pretty good. I am only worried about agitating it further. So, I keep massaging, foam rolling, stretching. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I will spend the next week on the bike.

Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment