Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Story of Micah True

NY Times had an extensive piece about the enigmatic ultrarunner Micah True, aka Caballo Blanco. The story was among the most e-mailed on the site for a while and made the running circles, but if you haven't seen it yet, it is worth a look.

On a related announcement, Scott Jurek will be running around the Manhattan island on June 5th in memory of NY running legend Ted Corbitt and Caballo Blanco and also to promote his new book Eat and Run. The author of Born To Run, Chris McDougall and actor and barefoot running enthusiast Peter Sarsgaard are expected to attend. The run is open to public. They will start at 5AM and travel at 9:30-10 min/mile pace (much faster than my pace when I did the same!). If you would like attend all or part of this run please visit the Meetup page. I wish I could, but I will be far far away that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment