I have decided to stop my running streak after 23 days. According to the widely circulated claim, you gain a habit after 21 days of repetition. So, I guess I am officially a habitual runner now.
I stopped running everyday, because I decided to run a half-marathon in April or May to gain a bit of speed and set a baseline for the marathon prep. A 12-16 week program starting now should get me to that target.
Also, I realized that I am suffering from a severe case of wardrobe imbalance (fact: as of now, there are only 309 other pages on the Internet that use this term!).
Let me explain. I have more than a dozen tech T-shirts from races and promos. Shorts? 3 and a half (one of them is really old). So, I have to do laundry in the middle of the week, even though I have enough shirts to go for 10 more days. Can we start a campaign to convince races to give shorts instead of shirts?
I was really psyched this winter when RaceMenu gave out running hats at the Miss Santa 5k in Boston. I really appreciate it when race directors branch out with there swag. Though, honestly, as long as I'm not handed a cotton t-shirt at packet pick-up, I'm pretty happy.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. Although some cotton T-shirts are not too bad. I wear the one I got at Manhattan Half pretty often.
ReplyDelete