Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back to double digits

First 10-miler of the year today. It felt pretty good too. I met with a friend in the Park and we talked most of the way. After we split, I picked up the pace a bit to see how tired my legs were. With my friend we ran a 10:30-10:40 pace and after that I felt pretty good down to 9:00-9:30 range. Under that and especially under 8:00 it became taxing, but that is to be expected.

I am starting my half-marathon training program (Runner's World - Smart coach) this week, which is supposed to get me through the finish line under 1:55 in 13 weeks. Speedwork starts this week with 8:30 mile repeats.

In the meantime, I will leave you with this video I came by, while browsing Youtube last night. It is a self-made documentary about a mid-packer like me, who ran a 100-mile race.

This is Part 1:


and Part 2:


I have the marathon this year, but if all goes well in a few years I plan to be that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment