Thursday, January 6, 2011

Careful with the treadmills!

With the new year come the new year's resolutions and one of the most popular resolutions is to lose weight (If you don't believe me look at all the ads from the weight-loss industry). A lot of people hit the gym around these days to fulfill their resolution. (Ask any gym regular and they will grumble about the crowd in the first few weeks of the year)

And so it was in the tiny gym my apartment complex has. All four treadmills were busy when I arrived, so me and another guy had to wait. Two people left at the same time and we both started running. Actually I started running. I don't know what the other guy was up to. I could only gather from the noise and the shaking of the ground (oh yes, somehow he managed that) that he was very angry at the treadmill. He wasn't a heavy guy or anything. In fact he seemed to be lighter than me. Yet he managed to cause a tiny little earthquake. He ran for about five minutes and left.

The moral of the story? Run light. On the treadmill and outside. Always try to step lightly. If you are pounding the ground you will get injured and you won't be able to run fast.

The treadmills will be thankful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment