On Memorial Day, right when I was approaching the 5 mile mark in my run (after a bad weekend run, on tired legs and warm weather) I saw a guy yelling to his partner, whom I didn't see around. The guy was pretty drunk (and maybe high), so I didn't want to get involved and just tried to run by him quickly and disappear. When I approached him he kind of blocked my way and started asking: "Are you going across the bridge?" "(still running) Yeah" "Can you stop at the liqour store?" "No I can't, I am running?(where the hell is the liquor store anyway? and why across the bridge? why do I have to stop?)" "What? (he starts running after me)" "No I can't (increase tempo!)" "What?!?" "No!" "A..hole!"
Luckily, he wasn't fit and he was drunk, so he couldn't follow me for long, but I was worried there for a second. First, if there was real threat, would I be able to run away? and second, would I be responsible for killing this guy, if he had a heart attack?
No comments:
Post a Comment