Friday, May 2, 2008

Hooray for the Netflix Instant Queue!

Netflix seems to have made an update to the user interface. A much needed feature, Instant Queue is now available (by the way, it's name used to be Watch Now right? They seem to be using Instant for a while now). Initially it contains the available items from your DVD Queue, but now when you move over the Play button, an option appears which lets you add the title to your Watch Now Queue.

The new queue, added as a tab to the original queue page, also shows the expiration date of the movies. So that, if something is about to expire, you can hurry up and watch.

I believe all this shows (once again) Netflix's commitment to instant watching feature. They are not keeping it as a side item for unpopular video, but trying to move the future of movie rentals to digital medium as they promised. Hopefully, in a few years we won't have to wait for the mail.

I can't help but think though. Remember the times we had to go to a store to pick a movie out of 100 titles available? And now I am complaining about waiting for the mailman to drop my movies, shot in 1935, in my mailbox. You can be sure Netflix, I will find something to complain about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment