In response to all the madness, NYC running community and runners everywhere did what we do best. We went out and ran.
The run I joined was NYRR's "Run For The Parks" 4-miler. Most of the 6000 or so runners were wearing their "I Run For Boston" T-shirts and bibs, prepared in the week following the Boston Marathon. Moment of silence was followed by the National Anthem, sang by a transplant from Boston to NY. She was clearly very emotional and had a hard time finishing, but she did and got a grand round of cheer from the crowd. Then we went off, with "Sweet Caroline", of course.
Marathons and running in general has been on the news for all the wrong reasons lately. I hope we can get back to normal soon.
If you would like to help those, who were affected by the bombings, here's how:
- You can donate directly to The One Fund Boston.
- You can buy an "I Run For Boston" T-shirt from NYRR.
- And of course go out and run!
![]() |
| I Run For Boston tech T-shirt. |

No comments:
Post a Comment