My training has been limping forward. Work and life have taken a lot of time lately and I couldn't get to the mileage I wanted to. I also never felt adjusted to heat. My big mistake so far this year has been staying away from races. Last year, while trying to complete the 9+1 program, I more or less had a race once a month (or, you know, 3 in 8 days). I was definitely fitter and faster.
Things have been improving the last couple of weeks though. Once my legs recovered from the Ragnar, I was able to improve my mileage a bit. I feel like I am at a good point speedwise, but my endurance needs to get better. I am going out for a serious long run with a friend tomorrow. I feel like once I get an 18-20 miler done, I will regain my confidence. If this weekend doesn't work, I have the 18 mile marathon tune-up on September 23.
Then I will be off to the races! I am going to set some targets here, mostly as a self-guide:
Oct14: Grete's Great Gallop (Half-marathon, 13.1 miles)
- Optimistic: 1:58:00 - ~9 min/mile.
- Realistic: 2:04:30 - ~9:30 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 2:11:00 - ~10 min/mile
Nov4: NYC Marathon (Marathon, 26.2 miles)
- Optimistic: 4:10:00 - ~9:30 min/mile
- Realistic: 4:20:00 - ~10 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 4:45:00 - ~11 min/mile
Nov17: NYC 60K
- Optimistic: 7:00:00 - ~11 min/mile
- Realistic: 7:30:00 - ~12 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 8:00:00 - ~13 min/mile
Hitting the optimistic targets in all three would mean three PRs and that would be terrific!
Then I will be off to the races! I am going to set some targets here, mostly as a self-guide:
Oct14: Grete's Great Gallop (Half-marathon, 13.1 miles)
- Optimistic: 1:58:00 - ~9 min/mile.
- Realistic: 2:04:30 - ~9:30 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 2:11:00 - ~10 min/mile
Nov4: NYC Marathon (Marathon, 26.2 miles)
- Optimistic: 4:10:00 - ~9:30 min/mile
- Realistic: 4:20:00 - ~10 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 4:45:00 - ~11 min/mile
Nov17: NYC 60K
- Optimistic: 7:00:00 - ~11 min/mile
- Realistic: 7:30:00 - ~12 min/mile
- Pessimistic: 8:00:00 - ~13 min/mile
Hitting the optimistic targets in all three would mean three PRs and that would be terrific!
No comments:
Post a Comment