A great day to start a running streak.
I was a bit sad to have missed the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak. So, in the afternoon of December 31st, I decided to start my own. The only rule is to run at least two consecutive miles every 24 hours.
I plan to keep this up during the base building phase for the marathon (2-3 months). I hope to become a more consistent runner this way.
Image from: http://christmasstockimages.com/free/xmas-lights/slides/fireworks_sparkle.htm

Good luck with the running every day quest. I'm still torn on the idea of straying from my standard training plan (usually 1-2 days off a week) and the bragging rights of running every day.
ReplyDeleteAre you worried at all about injuries/not maximizing rest periods?
Yes, I am worried about injuries. That is why I am keeping this generally slow and short distance (around 3 miles).
ReplyDeleteI have been a bit of an inconsistent runner since I started running. The idea of training like a real runner is still somewhat strange to me. So, a running streak is my way of making running a habit.
It will also help me build mileage before starting actual training.