Only 4 days until the race and what I am feeling is insecurity.
I had a good season in general. I had a number of breakthroughs in distances from 1 mile to half marathon. I did a few 20+ mile runs. Yet I don't feel ready. I didn't do a 30 mile run for example. And since my half-marathon a month ago I have been slacking. My last run this Sunday was a painful 7, where I had trouble controlling my speed and hit the wall pretty early.
I guess this is normal though. The race distance is intimidating, if nothing. And it is my first attempt at the distance.
All I can do now is to keep mentally rehearsing a slow start. I was able to do it in my long runs earlier this year, I just seem to have forgotten. I might also try to mingle with some fellow slow runners if I can find some.
And also check the weather. That is the other thing I can do. At the moment it seems like we will start at 39F and go up to 55F without rain or snow. Still great.
No comments:
Post a Comment